It was built by Hacı Ahmet Ağa, the son of Süleyman, in a two-storey wooden structure on the upper floor as a mosque and madrasah. The lower floor was built in 1840, as understood from the mosque's inscription. It is understood that the name of the mosque is Tevfikiye Mosque in the foundation records. The mosque was completely burned in the fire that occurred in Yoncaaltı area in 1909 and it was rebuilt by Hacı Ahmet Efendi. It is understood from the Boğazade Ahmet Efendi foundation that 10 shops located on the lower floor of the reconstructed mosque and their revenues are dedicated to the mosque. To the south of the mosque is the Tomb.